Followers

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dreaming of my Summer Vacation


Greetings! It is hard to believe that two weeks have flown by so soon and it is already time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge (FSC)!  Our challenge this time is "Dreaming of Summer."  When I started thinking about my own project, the first thing that comes to mind when summer approaches is vacation.  I LOVE to travel all over the place and see new things, try new foods, learn the history of a region, meet new people, but just now with my husband's health, we are staying much closer to home.  If I had to pick my most favorite place, hands down it would be the beach!  I was so excited a couple of years ago when Artistic Outpost released their Boardwalk Stamp Plate.  As a young girl and even a young adult, Atlantic City, NJ, was our vacation spot. I have fond memories of the Steel Pier, the Diving Bell, the white, sandy beach, getting dressed in the evening and promenading on the gigantic, wide boardwalk.  It was almost like being in Hollywood!  But I digress...For my card, I stenciled various Tim Holtz Stencils with Distress Inks onto the card front. The images were stamped either directly onto the card front or onto scrap card stock and watercolored with more Distress Inks. The edges of the card were also distressed with Distress Inks. Some of the images were popped up with foam dots.  I had fun digging through my stash of preserved, miniature starfish and sand dollars and adding them to the front as well.  To finish off my card I tied a scrap of gauzy cheese cloth to the top of the card and added a metal sand dollar charm by Red Lead Stamps for a bit of shine. I hope you will pop on over to FSC to see what else the Design Team has dreamed up for you and submit a creation of your own.  Remember, we are a stamping challenge, so your focal images need to be stamped.  One lucky submitter will be selected to win a $20 gift voucher from our sponsor, FlonzCraft.  Best wishes, Yvonne 

12 comments:

Marina said...

Love this atmospheric vintage beach card. Great use of colour.

Brenda Brown said...

Love all the beach themed elements Yvonne, you have really captured the summer here.
Happy Sunday. hugs Brenda xx

sandie said...

Just gorgeous Yvonne, wonderful background stamping and added dimension. This would be great for the challenge blog Nonni and I run-Time Out Challenges. Our challenge this week is 'Fun in the Sun', here is the link if you want to join in:
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-9.html

Meggymay said...

Beautiful beach themed card, I just wish I was there.
Yvonne

Pia S said...

I'd say this card represents everything I love about your style! The stenciling, the way you combine several images, the colors,... It's a brilliant design with a vintage feel!

Sophie said...

Was für eine süße Karte mit See-Thema.
Einfach genial, diese drei Badenixen und die Umkleidehäuschen.
Dazu die vielen Embellishments...
Sehr schön.

Herzlichst Sophie

Unknown said...

Hi Yvonne! I love the vintage feel of this piece! It's brilliant! I love the soft colours too! It makes me want to go on holiday ;) Ingrid xx

1CardCreator said...

Love this with the beach huts in the pretty bright colors and the sweet embellies you used too. ~Diane

junemac2 said...

You have really pulled all the elements together here to create sunshine. this is gorgeous. I love it. Hugs June x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card with great summer seaside feeling.

Claire said...

Beautiful card Yvonne, you've really captured the feeling of summer
Claire xx

Mrs.B said...

A great card Yvonne, love those images displayed beautifully against that wonderful background.
Avril xx