Followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas in July

Greetings!  I hope your Tuesday is going well.  I really vacillated on the title for this post as I am having a hard time wrapping my head around creating Christmas Cards, though each year I promise myself that I am going to start mine in July.  My card today is for the current challenge at Stampsmith where the theme is Christmas in July.  We are to create a Christmas Card using at least one Stampsmith image and summer colors.  I decided on my color scheme by using all three of the new Summer Distress Inks recently released by Ranger.  The main image of the girl is from the "Won't You be my Honey" Stampsmith stamp plate, which I won earlier this year at the Stampsmith Challenge Blog, and is stamped with Mowed Lawn DI and matted with card stock in green and blue.  The snowflakes by Studio G were stamped with Salty Ocean DI onto the card base and then Crackle Glue was applied for shimmer.  The sentiment was stamped in Picked Raspberry DI and also shimmered up with Crackle Glue.  Embellishments include rhinestone stickers, upcycled green satin ribbon and some beautiful snippets of Venetian Lace purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Thanks so much for stopping by.  Yvonne

8 comments:

Darlene said...

This looks great ! and I am with you, just can't get my had around christmas cards even though I told myself to get them done earlier LOL
good luck in the challenge

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, I agreee its hard to think of Christmas at this time of the year.
Yvonne x

Anonymous said...

In total agreement. I was sure that making my DT sample would spur me on but no, cannot focus on Christmas as yet.
Lovely card and great to see this beautiful stamp used on a Christmas card.
Thank you for once again being so supportive of TSC. Good Luck with the Prize Draw.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, love the colors and the image.

Debbie said...

Love this Yvonne! Great colours and I love that image! Beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge! Good luck in the draw!

Debbie
^..^

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful work with the new summer distress colors, Yvonne. Your card is sparkling fresh and such an interesting take on a Christmas card. I think it's going to bring the recipient a breath of summer in the dead of winter! The Venise lace looks gorgeous on it! Thanks for joining in our Sunday Share this time around!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Just lovely! Great use of the Summer DI colors - fab idea! Thank you for joining us for The Stampsmith Challenge!
Val :)

Karen McAlpine said...

I am just loving how all the entrants are using different stamps for their Christmas cards!! Your card is no exception!! Great stamp choice and really fun color selection!! Thank you for playing with The Stampsmith Challenge!!!