Followers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Journey Awakens the Soul


Greetings! It is time for a new challenge over at Inkspirational!  This week we have a CASE challenge based on the gorgeous sample below: 
For my own card, I chose to use a similar design and color scheme. Since I gave most of my background papers away, I chose four different shades of gray paper and stenciled each using a combination of Crafty Workshop and Tim Holtz Stencils and Black Soot Distress Ink.  The die cut is actually an Alterations Pocket Watch die cut with the top cut off.  The focal image, inked for the first time, is by BLine Designs and was water colored with Distress Markers and attached to the card front with foam dots.  The paper string and metal journal tag are by Idea-ology.  I hope you will pop over to Inkspirational to browse through the gorgeous samples of the rest of the Design Team and then create one of your own.  Our sponsor for the month of September is Inspired By Stamping.  One lucky month long participant will win a gift card.  Best wishes, Yvonne

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card yvonne x

cebelica said...

This is beautiful. I like the vintage image! Hugs! xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card.

sandie said...

Gosh Yvonne, fab background paper and you made it yourself-who needs designer paper! Gorgeous romantic image-perfect case of Marina's card x

Ruth M said...

What a wonderful card Yvonne, I love your stencilled background panels, they're fab! Great CASE of Shauna's card! Ruth x

Marina said...

Bline do some fab vintage/retro images and I love how you've gently watercoloured this one. Great take on the CASE.
Marina

Anonymous said...

That is such a beautiful new stamp you have, I like that it is the rear of the people we see (does that sound naughty?!!)
Beautiful colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Terry said...

Such a great card and image! Love the subtle colors and design in the background panels! Hugs!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great idea, great card Yvonne

Words and Pictures said...

Such a subtle elegant card - I love those patterned panels.
Alison x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the fabulous take on the CASE! The image is awesome and I LOVE the sentiment! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fabulous card, Yvonne. I love the beautiful patterned paper you used and the stamping is pretty. :)

cebelica said...

This is very beautiful. Hugs! xx

Pia S said...

I like how you created your own DPs using stencils. The patterns really work well with a male design.

Kay Wallace said...

Two thumbs up from me on the beautiful vintage creation!!