Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

365 Cards - Day 99 - It's My Party!

Greetings! The challenge over at 365 Cards for Day 99 is to create a Birthday Card that YOU would like to receive. Wow! The sky's the limit, right? The card base was easy. My absolute favorite color in the whole world is GREEN! I love Navy Blue to set off my Green, so my main colors were set. I also love modern, so I chose the funky background paper to add a bit of modern to my card. You can't have a birthday without cake, so I chose the very popular "cupcake" by Studio 112 for my card. The sentiment is also by Studio 112. I also selected this young woman by Stampington and Company. She is one of my all-time favorites. I often add her to a card to express a deep human element of expression. Somehow, I feel like I am there in person when I use her on a card that someone receives. She also looks a lot like me when I was younger (lots of curls)! You can never have enough green so I embellished my card with green felt rickrack and flowers. I felt my card needed sparkle, but I did not want to add any more elements, so I grabbed some glitter pens and added a soft, subtle sparkle to the cupcake and girl, and though it is lost in the scanning process, it is really pretty in person. I can truly say that this card would speak to me if I received it for my birthday. Thank for stopping by. I always appreciate it. Have a great day! Yvonne

No comments: